There is something lovely about a rainy day (not when it lasts all summer though!!) so I wanted to share some of my favourite ideas for what to do on a rainy day (aside from shopping of course!)
- Watch a black and white film. My favourite is to Kill A Mockingbird. Snuggle up on the sofa with a fluffy blanket and a hot chocolate, so cosy! Of course it doesn’t have to be black and white, but for some reason it seems right to watch a a classic film on a lazy day indoors.
- Have a clear out. Sorting out your things feels so satisfying! Don’t take on too much at once, maybe sort out your makeup or one section of your wardrobe. It feels fab when you are finished, and when its nasty weather outside, its a good time to get it done without sunshine being a distraction!
- Go to the cinema. I LOVE going to watch a new film! You might have to brave the rain whilst you run into the cinema, but once you are inside, you can cosy down and watch whichever new film catches your eye. Look out for 2 for 1 tickets etc if your local cinema is quite expensive.
- Cook a new recipe – I sometimes find I get a little bored of eating the same meals over and over, so settle down and read through some cook books to find a delicious new recipe to try!
- Visit a museum – If you have a museum nearby, its a fun thing to do, go and have a look round. When the weather is bad, I feel like everything slows down so it seems the perfect time to do something cultural
- Go for a run – I had to include this one as it is one of my favourites but I’m not sure how appealing I can make it sound haha! For me, going for a run in the pouring rain is the best. The rain feels refreshing and cool, there is no-one around to watch you running and when you get home, a hot shower feels so lovely and comforting! ive it a try next time there is a rain storm!
Please let me know your favourite rainy day activities so I can add them to my list to try! X