I can’t believe how close to Christmas we are now! I feel like I have had a super busy month so it just feels like I haven’t had enough time to get in the festive spirit, so I have been using my spare time to do as many Christmas things as I can.
So today I wanted to chat about my favourite ways to feel more festive, I hope even just one idea can inspire you to feel more Christmassy. ( I still don’t know if Christmassy is a word lol!)
1.Do some Christmas baking! I love doing some cooking with Heart Christmas radio channel on around this time of year, definitely invloves some dancing too. I wrote earlier in the week about the recipe for Peppermint Creams, it is a really easy recipe that is great for doing with any little ones in your family too.
2. Go to a carol service. I think this is a lovely one to do that will instantly make you feel warm and festive. For me, there is something lovely about singing wiht lots of other people. Just search up carol concerts near you, lots of towns even do carol singing outdoors.
3. Wear some red lipstick! Because if you can’t wear a red lip at Christmas then when can you? I feel like even just going about your day with a festive red lip look can be so much fun, especially if red is a colour you don’t normally go for. I’ve written a post on my favourite red lipsticks for Christmas if you’d like to know my favourites!
4. Watch some Christmas films. I think this is the easiest way to get in the Christmas spirit, getting cosy and wrapping up in a blanket, then settle down to watch your favourite films. Need inspiration? I love The Grinch, Polar Express, Love Actually, The Holiday, Elf, the list could go on and on
5. Wrap everyone’s presents. Now, I am someone who LOVES wrapping presents! But if you find it a task, head out to get some super pretty paper, ribbon, bells and whatever else you can think of! This will make it so much more fun when you wrap the gifts up, plus it is a great one to pair with watching your fave Christmas film.
7. Go and see Christmas trees! I love going out for a long walk around where we live, always making sure we wrap up really warm. Then go and have a look at everyone’s Christmas lights, the pretty lights will make you feel really festive in no time.
8. Eat some Christmas treats. This one is essential of course! I love Terry’s Chocolate Orange around this time of year, but there are so many Christmas treats you can have. Mince pies, Celebrations, Christmas cake, maybe even Pringles? Whatever you fancy!
9. Spend time with family and friends. I think this one is the most important, plus the one that will probably make you feel the happiest! For me, Christmas is about spending time with my family, even if it means playing loads of board games haha!
10. Make Paper Snowflakes! This is a super simple one but making your own decorations whilst watching The Snowman or something similar feels so cosy and fun. There are so many ways to make paper snowflakes, all you need is paper and scissors, then I just use Google and Pintrest to look at pretty templates.
So those are some of my favourite ways to quickly get in the Christmas spirit! Please let me know your traditions or ways to feel festive in the comments, I would love to add to my list! Xxxx