Last week I made some peppermint creams so I took some photos and thought I would share the recipe with you all! We make these every year as a tradition now, but peppermint creams are just so easy to make, you really can’t go wrong!
You don’t even need to cook them, so they are perfect for if you feel like doing some Christmas cooking without the hassle really. Plus they definitely remind me of the inside of an After Eight chocolate, so delicious.
Peppermint Cream Recipe.
- 400g of icing sugar, with extra for dusting
- Lemon juice (you only need a few drops!)
- One egg, which you only need the white from
- 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract/flavouring
1.First, beat the egg white gently in a bowl until it just starts to foam. It only takes a few minutes. Then add in a couple of drops of lemon juice and lightly mix those in too.
2. To that mixture, add in the peppermint flavouring and mix lightly too.
3. Sift in the icing sugar and mix this. Then go in with your hands and mix it all together once it gets too difficult to do with a spoon.
4. Put icing sugar on a clean surface and roll out the mixture to about 2cm thick.
5. Finally, cut out your shapes – I like using a Christmas tree cutter. Leave on a tray to dry out and you are done!
Mine all got broken up but I hope you still get the idea! Definitely not very asthetically pleasing but delicious all the same. Please let me know what your favourite Christmas treats are! Xx