Only a few more days to go! I wanted to share my top 10 Christmas films today, just in case you were looking for something to watch to get in the festive spirit but are feeling stuck! I love making sure I watch at least these 10 films in the build up to Christmas, I find that Christmas films are the best way to really get excited for the big day. I wrote about this in my ‘Ways To Feel Festive‘ blog post.
By the way, these are in no particular order! I can’t even choose my favourite one haha, I love them all.
1. Home Alone. This is such a classic Christmas film – I love everything about it. The setting, the acting and the music are all amazing, there are Christmas lights everywhere and it makes me laugh too, you really can’t go wrong with Home Alone.
2. The Grinch. My brother and I watched this one every single Christmas Eve, I just think the story is brilliant. Jim Carey does an amazing job in this one as the Grinch, and I just love that it is set in Whoville, where they are all Christmas-obsessed like me! I don’t know anyone who doesn’t like this film.
3. The Holiday. This is the perfect film to watch while snuggled up on the sofa with a hot chocolate. The scenery in this is sooo pretty, I was super sad to find out that the cottage in this isn’t actually real! A lovely, light hearted rom-com with some of my favourite actors in.
4. The Polar Express. Again, another favourite for Christmas Eve favourite, because the whole film is set on Christmas Eve itself! I love the music on this, even if I was scared of the style of animation the first time I watched it when I was younger haha! This is a great film as it addresses the concerns that children have about whether Santa is real or not.
5. Elf. My favourite funny Christmas film! This one is such a hilarious one, I always laugh so much when I watch it! Any Christmas film set in New York is amazing to me, as it just looks to festive, I would love to visit. Will Ferrell is so funny in this one too.
6. Love Actually. To me, this film is just Christmas itself! It is made in such a clever way, all the stories link together perfectly, and have the perfect mix of good and’bad’ characters. This one is happy, sad, fun and festive, I love watching this one with family or friends too.
7. Home Alone 2: Lost In New York. Normally I would count the Home Alone films all as one category, but this one definitely stands on it’s own! I think I might even like this one more than the first one, it is set in New York this time, with another brilliant plot. This one feels even more festive I think!
8. A Christmas Carol. There are two versions of this that I really love: Muppet’s Christmas Carol and the new Disney version with Jim Carey. I’ve combined them here as they have are the same story, but both films are amazing in their own right. A classic Christmas story done in two brilliant ways!
9. It’s A Wonderful Life. I love this one because it is in black and white, so feels really cosy to watch, especially with an open fire! I feel like this is a very traditional favourite Christmas film that everyone should see at some point.
10. Deck The Halls. I feel like I rarely hear people talk about this one, but it is one of my favourite light hearted, silly comedy Christmas films. It’s about a man who decided to get his house seen from space using Christmas lights and a feud follows with his neighbor. This one is a great non-serious film which is great for a giggle.
So those are all my top 10 Christmas films! I hope you enjoyed reading, I haven’t finished watching them all yet so I am really excited to cross them all of my list. Please let me know your favourite Christmas film as I love finding out what everyone else loves! Xxxx