A bit more of a lifestyle post today, I just wanted to chat about holiday breaks here in the UK! I am currently away on a Centre Parcs holiday in the forest (blog post to follow!) and it has reminded me just how lovely it can be to stay here for holidays, rather than going abroad.
I love the heat and beaches you can find abroad, don’t get me wrong! But sometimes a staycation is perfect. No need for planes or airports (I’m not the biggest fan of flying!) means it is a lot less stressful, and generally a lot cheaper so ideal if you want to save some money!
In terms of where to go, there is lots of choice! It depends what you love to do really, maybe a city break or a beach holiday, or even camping. So today I just wanted to share a few of my favourite ideas for places to visit here in the U.K.!
- London -Amazing for shopping and sightseeing! The ultimate UK city to visit really.
- Edinburgh – My favourite city ever. It has so much personality, with real a mixture of old and new.
- Bristol – Plenty of things to do and try if you wanted to visit somewhere on a slightly smaller scale
- Cornwall – I love the area near Lands End, Gwithian beach is one of my favourites, along with St. Ives which is beautiful. Perfect in the summer
- Devon – There are so many options for Devon beaches, but the Croyde area is where I’d always pick to go! I also love the area around Beer & Sidmouth, so lovely to visit.
Holiday Resorts (stay-on-site)
- Center Parcs – There are so many things to do, from pool and spa to bike rides and climbing!
- Bluestone – This one is in Pembrokeshire, a beautiful resort that feels homely and lovely.
Do you have a favourite holiday destination? I’d love to write more on this subject, so please let me know if you’d like to read more!