Having a few easy meal ideas up your sleeve is a good idea – especially for when you don’t feel creative about new recipes or need to cook something in a rush. This is a super-quick and easy recipe I made up recently!
It is an accidental vegan recipe – I’m not vegan myself but it means that anyone can eat it, from veggies and vegans to meat eaters! Of course you can adjust the ingredients to suit your tastes, for example, you could swap olives for peppers. I chose quinoa as the base for the salad. Quinoa is very similar to cous-cous really but has a lot more protein so a good one for a balanced meal.
I love minimal recipes for meal prepping or when I am in a rush because they take much less time. Once the quinoa is cooked, all you need to do is chop your salad ingredients. So, on to the recipe itself.
Quinoa Salad Recipe (serves 1)
- 70g quinoa
- Vegetable stock (choose vegan one if necessary!)
- 100g chickpeas
- 5 cherry tomatos
- 1 small carrot
- 1/4 of a cucumber
- Small handful of mixed olives
- Salt and pepper to season
- Cook the quinoa according to the packet (usually rinse and pop into boiling water for about 15-20 mins but different brands vary) using the vegetable stock. The stock just adds a bit more flavour to the quinoa really.
- Drain the quinoa (you can sprinkle some lemon juice on for more flavour if you like) and add it to your container.
- Add your chopped salad! You can mix and match whatever veg you like here – just stir it all in to the quinoa.
- Season to taste – I love adding some basil for extra flavour!
And that is everything! Super easy, this is a quick and simple meal yet still really tasty.
What are your favourite go-to recipes?